FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:54 am
murtaza12

Originally Posted by col747uk
Travelling in F LGW/DXB in a couple if weeks. Are you allowed to reqyuest a specific type of car for the transfer or must you take what you are given?

Do cars get allocated according to Skywards status as well as cabin?.
As subject2load has mentioned, it depends on the amount of people and how much baggage they have. Skywards status is taken into account as well.

Originally Posted by subject2load
No, you just take what's given.

I think the only exception is that if there is more than one pax travelling and the 'group' has an unusually large quantity of luggage, then a people-carrier (albeit an upmarket one....!) is often used. But of course each qualifying pax is actually entitled to a separate car IF wished.

WRT status : Others will confirm if true, but I believe in DXB only, there is a special range of high-end cars allocated exclusively to IO members.

One final point is that the F v J distinction is not ALWAYS made. In outstations, mostly yes. But on the odd occasion in DXB, at times of day when overall CD demand has been particularly high, I have been given a J class rather than F class car.* My journey to the hotel was only around 20 mins, so I had no interest in making a fuss - especially as all the cars are pretty respectable anyway.

*plus, in fairness to EK, it was done in order to get me on my way asap, rather than be kept hanging around in the CD waiting area until the next available F range car was ready.

Yes, IO customers have the new S500. It's always standing there, with the black and red IO badge printed on the door.

In some cases, an F passenger gets a J car,
The F car is a Mercedes E200 Estate and the Volvo V70 is for J pax.