FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:28 am
m3red

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
No, you just take what's given.

I think the only exception is that if there is more than one pax travelling and the 'group' has an unusually large quantity of luggage, then a people-carrier (albeit an upmarket one....!) is often used. But of course each qualifying pax is actually entitled to a separate car IF wished.

WRT status : Others will confirm if true, but I believe in DXB only, there is a special range of high-end cars allocated exclusively to IO members.

One final point is that the F v J distinction is not ALWAYS made. In outstations, mostly yes. But on the odd occasion in DXB, at times of day when overall CD demand has been particularly high, I have been given a J class rather than F class car.* My journey to the hotel was only around 20 mins, so I had no interest in making a fuss - especially as all the cars are pretty respectable anyway.

*plus, in fairness to EK, it was done in order to get me on my way asap, rather than be kept hanging around in the CD waiting area until the next available F range car was ready.
There is a beautiful fleet of black new s-class mercs for io that replaced the old range rovers - they look stunning