FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:16 pm
Rock72

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Rock72,,
Guess you misunderstood what I was meaning by "an ice bucket" was in the room... but there wasn't a plastic liner -- usually when you stay at a hotel that has an icebucket for the guests to fill on their own at the machine there usually is a plastic like bag lining it... I was going to use that bag for a makeshift icepack.
Enjoyed your review.
yeah, i am aware of the ice bucket + plastic lining that is usually in hotel rooms. i usually take that bucket down the hall and put ice in it from an ice machine.

in this case, the room down the hall that said "ICE" didn't actually have an ice machine in there. in addition, my room didn't have an ice bucket (or the plastic liner for the bucket).

so i called downstairs and they brought an ice bucket filled with ice to my room. however, i don't recall if the ice bucket had a plastic liner or not (i think not).

i was using the ice for drinks so i didn't necessarily need the plastic liner to make an ice pack or anything like that but for someone in the future who does need to make an ice pack, you may need to bring your own plastic bag, zip lock bag, or ask for a laundry bag, etc.

RVD.

Last edited by Rock72; Dec 29, 2015 at 10:42 pm