FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:13 am
eastnortheast

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
A bit of a dilemma for me here. Going to Bangkok with the GF in May. Right now we have a room at the GH with an applied DSU coming from me.

However she's a Marriott Plat and the FS Marriott is $252 less over the 3 days (factoring other costs - we're going to the Hyatt Hua Hin after so the transfer cost will be higher than leaving from the GH where they have the daily shuttle for 600 tbh a person) while the Renaissance and JW are $197 and $152 cheaper respectively.

Are we better off keeping the GH with the suite upgrade confirmed (I have since dropped back down to Plat so no Diamond treatment though the Suite does come with lounge access) or going with one of the 3 Marriott properties and using her Plat to get a potential upgrade and Plat treatment?
In terms of upgrades, it appears that the Ren gives upgrades to what they call a junior suite, but is really a slightly bigger room. At the JW (and I am very familiar with that property), there is very little chance to be upgraded to a suite. Not sure about the chance of an upgrade at the FS Marriott. The Grand Hyatt is a very nice hotel and if you have a suite confirmed, that is definite plus. However, a couple of hundred extra dollars in your pocket may be enough to make you "put up" with a regular room in one of the other hotels. So, basically, I dont know. LOL If it were me, I would pocket the ~ $200 in savings and stay at one of the Marriott properties. All are very nice, and have great lounges.