FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:49 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
It does not matter even you are AMEX's founding member.

The HH benefit is more like a promotion rather than a benefit. Based on the postings here, there are conflicting evidences on the exact detail of this "promotion", such as some get 1 year and some get 2 years.

So it does not seem AMEX wants to piss you off, but an absolute inconsistency with this promotion.

Originally Posted by gooselee
I haven't checked, but is there a thread about this in the HH forum? Seems to me that everyone over here is looking because they have an Amex Plat - may be interesting to see if anyone without the Amex got bumped.
I am not the Mod. But cross-posting is explicitly not allowed.