FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:42 pm
david55

Rock72: Thanks for the report.

How was the food? Any favorite on-site restaurant or dish(es)?

Originally Posted by Rock72
I just got back from a 2 night stay at this property. Overall, we had a nice stay. A few details:

Service
Service was excellent overall. We had a room in the club tower and our concierge who checked us in was Beatriz. She was very friendly and it was a pleasure seeing her every day as we walked by her desk.

There was a sign for an ice machine on our floor but there was no actual ice machine in there. I made a call and they brought up a bucket of ice within a few minutes.

Everyone was friendly and helpful. Service was top notch.

Room
The room was nice. I have not stayed in the other tower so from reading here we got one of the rooms that are not yet renovated. It wasn't modern and new but it was really big with a nice sitting area in addition to the 2 double beds. The bathroom was a nice size with a full sized tub, large shower (with rainfall head + removable head), double sink, etc. The balcony was also big with 2 chairs and half of the balcony still empty. The ceiling was a dome so that was also a nice touch.

Our room had a nice tv and dvd player although we didn't use the dvd player.

Resort
The resort is very nice and upscale. The pools are small but nice infinity pools. One of the hot tubs is warm water while the other is cold. We didn't have an issue with getting chairs at the pools or the beaches so it was nice.

This is my first time staying at an all-inclusive resort so I didn't really know what to expect. It's nice just walking to any of the restaurants or buffet and just eating and drinking whatever. I believe there are a few things that might not be included though. When we had dinner in the mexican restaurant, we got a wine list with a bunch of prices for bottles of wine. The bottles weren't expensive (usually under 400 pesos) but I believe this is an extra charge. The spa was open although we didn't go there. I am guessing that spa treatments are also not free but I didn't ask.

I don't know what kind of activities are available for free. My guess is stuff that they have on-site but I didn't actually see anything on the beach (no surfboards, snorkels, kayaks, etc.) so I don't know. I'm guessing stuff like zip lining, scuba diving, etc. are not included as they are probably through a 3rd party (probably vallarta adventures).

The beach is pretty private since it is not accessible easily by the main road. It's also pretty big so I liked it.

I think there is a decent chance that I will be back. I usually stay at a nice property and like to experience some of the local scene such as restaurants and such and since this is all-inclusive it is hard to do that. We spent a couple of days at another hotel prior to this one so we did get to explore downtown and old town a bit and eat locally so it was nice too.

As far as I can tell, the property is pretty much done with renovations. It rained heavily for one of the days and there were leaks here and there but the staff was quick to address those areas with buckets, makeshift water diverters, etc.