FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rate Best Western Rewards
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:22 am
tburgos

Over the course of 3 weeks, we stayed at nine different Best Western Hotels throughout the US. We presented our Best Western Rewards card at every hotel, and were not credited any points for any stay. When I inquired about these missing transactions, I was told that since I used my Airmiles to book the hotels, I was not eligible for Rewards points. Had I known this, I could have booked another hotel or used the airmiles for cash discounts or other great offers. There is no rule that says you are not eligible for BW Loyalty points if you use Airmiles to pay for your stay. In total, I used about 7,000 reward miles that I could've gladly used elsewhere. When I argued this point with them, they said they investigated, and because my husband's name was used on the reservation (as it was his credit card paying for the stay), the points cannot be rewarded. This is supposed to be a Loyalty program, and we always book through Best Western when staying anywhere because of this fact. However, due to the hassle over the last 9 stays, if the situation is not rectified, we will stay elsewhere.