FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phone call to Fairmont HQ from Fairmont Hotels front desk?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:30 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by phiota
Yeah that's what I expected would happen also but like I said in original post they could/would not contact Fairmont Reservations/HQ. Good thing I had my smart phone to access my reservation emails. Overall had a good stay but disappointed at maybe both the hotel and fairmont hq (if they do not have a policy of forcing hotels to allow customer to contact HQ directly from front desk if there is any issue with already booked reservation).
Depending on which Fairmont property you are at in the world, asking for headquarters is likely not going to get a helpful response vs asking to speak with Fairmont reservations. Very different requests.

The call centre in New Brunswick looks after reservations, Platinum Desk, etc but the Fairmont corporate offices are in Toronto, hundreds of miles away.

While I have only needed Fairmont reps to speak to the property twice in my many years as an FPC Platinum member, I have never had an issue getting things resolved.

I recommend using Skype to call yourself (if the wifi is good enough to handle it) and have them reach out to the property directly if there is any issue.

Just my 2 cents.