Old Feb 1, 15, 8:44 am
rkaradi

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Are you sure there were 41 IDBs or just 41 people on the standby list? Did they make an announcement saying 41 were IDB, or how else did you find out?
You mention weight reduction. Was the flight oversold or were you removed due to weight issues because of weather? If it was due to weigh restrictions, you are not entitled to IDB
100% positive it was weight and balance. The Pilot told us 3x and so did the gate agent. Also since I was in row 1 I was able to hear the staff chatting, and this came up several times since after the first offload they said they could only board 31, and boarded 41 and then took 10 off. People were still being processed from the first round.

Lastly, I asked the gate agent how many were being taken off on and they told me. Again, it was not hard to figure out how many were IDB, since more then half the plane was empty when I was removed and nobody else got on.

I know this is hard to believe, I've never seen this many IDB's before in all my years of weekly travel, but it happened.