FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:40 am
CBDTREE

Originally Posted by rmunson1
Very big problem - $500 Simon GC evaporated - still in my possession, zero value, no audit trail.

And, the bigger problem is WM specifically states GC load not allowed. But they do allow it.
Tue loaded 5K onto GoBank (1), BB (2.5), Serve (1.5).
Two separate WM. Kate for 1.5, cashiers for 1.5 at one, cashiers for 2 at the other.
Thur attempted another 5K.
First WM GB 1.5, Serve 1.5; next WM BB 1, Serve 1.
I ended up with 4.5 successfully loaded. But 5K 'successfully' unloaded from SGC.

I have 9 load receipts that correspond to 9x500 GB, BB, Serve loads.
I did not lose a receipt.
But I lost $500.

I encountered various problems throughout the day.
Kate timed out attempting GB.
Then Cust service timed out.
Then Kate worked - all with the same SGC. No problem, right.

A 2nd WM, one attempted BB load said 'payment declined, debit not available' - the cashier said 'try it again'. I did. It worked. Same SGC. No clue why it didn't work on the first try, why it did work on the 2nd try.

The final attempt of the day (last 500 onto BB) failed with 'debit not available' and at that point I decided to try to live another day and leave.

Then, tonight, checking SGC balances, 10 out of 10 have a zero balance.

I was totally methodical with each SGC - once used, it went into a different pocket. Unused SGC were kept separate. When it was time to use, it came out, swipe, pin, approved, pocket. File the receipt in another pocket.

I can match 9 used SGC with 9 successful loads. I checked my GB, BB, Serve balances and, no, there is not a surprise extra 500 that got loaded without the receipt.

I am out 500 and pissed. No clue where to go next. The online transaction reports for GB, BB and Serve are all woefully weak in terms of timestamps, debit card used to load, etc. But, the WM receipts have full data. Time, what was loaded, what was used to load, everything.

I don't know whether/how to contact Simon and say 'what gives?' or WM? or GB, BB, Serve? But I have no clue what I would say to the last 3. Their balance accurately reflects the loads I know I did. It is Simon that fails to accurately reflect the balance of the unused card. It shows it zero.

Suggestions most welcome. Simon 'contact us' page says 'please call' but the neglect to offer an actual phone number to call.
Which account didn't get loaded? that's who you need to contact. If you have all the successful load receipts you wont have a problem. Just an annoyance...