FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd daily UA IAH-NRT? (UA back to 1 flight Jan-31-15, ANA Starting 77W in June 2015)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:43 pm
Unimatrix One

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
TG notorious, yes. NH I wouldn't use quite that strong of an adjective.

What I think you are thinking of is that on certain routes where there are two daily flights there is one what is IOJ and one that is non but it is very easy to see and know which (i.e. NRT-ORD...at least it was last year).
I believe they're redoing all the Y seating so you'll soon have all 9 abreast so don't worry about that.
Have you spent much time on the NH forum? There are lots of stories of people who booked IOJ equipment which was later switched to non-IOJ. Or people who booked Y on an 8-abreast 787 only to get switched to 9-abreast a few days before departure. The IAD flight and the 2nd daily ORD flight have switched back and forth between IOJ and non-IOJ several times. There was a post about NRT-JFK where the very same flight was 9-abreast in Y on some days of the week and 10-abreast on others.

Years ago, in Japan JL was known as the airline with frequent equipment changes, and if you wanted to be sure of what you would get you flew NH. Now the situation is completely reversed.