FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Road Trip Salt Lake City to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:15 am
Quark999

Programs: Yes
Road Trip Salt Lake City to Vancouver

I was hoping to collect some advice on timings and spacings for a road trip we have booked in the first two weeks of September. We will be landing in SLC on the 30th of August and departing from YVR on the 12th of Spetember . So far, only the flights have been booked. I have looked into the few threads there are on Oregon roadtrips, but most people don't have Yellowstone and Vancouver tacked on at the end, which squishes things a little.

Some might think the distances are crazy, but I quite like driving in the US, and sometimes the road is the journey. Also, this is a trip ticking off a LOT of things that I never get to do when we end up in California - we aren't hikers or want to stay too long in one place, so I hope this is doable.

My current thoughts are:
29/08
SLC Airport Hotel
30/08
Jackson Hole
31/08
West Yellowstone
01/09
West Yellowstone
02/09
Boise
03/09
Bend
04/09
Red Bluff
05/09
Crescent City
06/09
Portland
07/09
Seattle
08/09
Seattle
09/09
Vancouver
10/09
Vancouver
11/09
Vancouver
12/09
Home

It gets a bit tricky between Yellowstone and Portal. Crater Lake would be nice, Redwood Forest is a must and so seems to be Avenue of the Giants. Not so sure about whether we should be cutting down the cities to have more time near the coast.

Any routing and accomodation recommendations on the way much appreciated. I am a bit of a sucker for chain hotels, have had to many "cozy" surprises with lovely fluffy carpet in the bathroom during my past trips...

Thanks!

Last edited by Quark999; Jan 31, 2015 at 5:49 am