FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BLR layover questions/help
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:30 pm
texmanufan

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by hserus
That MLE-BLR (AI 264) is a hopper flight - MLE-TRV-BLR-MAA
Actually we are on AI 265 which I show direct late morning leaving BLR. Thought the hopper and very short layover was pushing it. Especially since I was unsure whether or not I can check bags through.

Originally Posted by gt0138d
GoldFinch resort - I would ask you to lower your expectations to a bare minimum. It is close to the airport and you wouldn't have to deal with any possible traffic woes that Bangalore is famous for. But, the resort is 1 star. You will find the room acceptable but the rest of the property will make you question the "resort" tag.

If a shower and good undisturbed sleep is not the need of the hour, I would recommend the lounge at the airport.

Edited: looks like the international side lounge has a shower and open 24 hours according to their website - http://www.plaza-network.com/locatio...city=Bangalore
Understood and thanks for input. May still keep the hotel as arrive 2:20AM and leave 11:45AM but unsure. Sounds as though I will have to gather bags and recheck anyway so that may tip me to the hotel.