FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador and free weekend night voucher
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyingOutTLV

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by rro
Question is: Would I be able to make two bookings to save the most money? i.e. book Sat-Sun (2nts) with the Ambassador BOGO rate, and then a second booking for Mon-Tues (2nts, checkout Wed) using the cheaper Advance Purchase rate? I plan to book the same type room for both bookings (and I should get a one level upgrade for the entire stay, right?).

Also, assuming this is kosher, what is the best way to ensure I keep the same room for the entire stay and not have to switch rooms?
Yes, you can place two separate reservations. Yes, you will get the upgraded room for the entire stay. No, they will not ask you to switch rooms.

If you want to be extra careful you can email the hotel after placing the reservations and have them note that you'll be arriving for a 4-night stay. Then they basically link the two reservations together.

In general I have to advise against booking a non-refundable rate six month in advance. Prices change all the time and there's even a decent chance that until July the flexible rate would be cheaper than the non-refundable rate that is available today. Just my opinion.

And welcome to FT!
:-: