FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking LATAM (LAN and TAM) award / flights using AA miles
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:05 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've been familiarizing myself with award availability LAX-EZE for late Dec 2015 for the past week. sdsearch posted in the LAN forum that LAN opens up award seats on the furthest available date for booking. Sure enough, on a rolling day basis, I see 4 biz and 7 coach seats available for the LAN LAX-EZE flight. The next day they would be gone and a new day's award seats would be open. I never saw LAN award seats on AA.com. I only saw them on BA.com. Fortunately I have BA points. I was able to book the LAN flight in biz for 60K points + $5.60.
You will not see LAN award flights on aa.com, as aa.com does not support award booking on LAN (or CX, JL, QR, EY, 9W, etc.) If you found LAN award space on ba.com, then you should have been able to book it with AA miles by calling AA (assuming no IT issues).