FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:19 pm
upnorth

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
Other than my hotel, my Fidelity Chip and signature nor Amex Costco worked no where. So a month back I got myself a Sams Club Master card. Today I received pin generation instruction and it says "Your new Sams Club Mastercard includes chip technology and can be used for, cash access at ATMs, and purchases at PIN secure terminals." I am guessing this is a Chip+Signature and can also do an EMV Chip+Online Pin.

I have several trips coming up to South and Central Asia and China in the next few months. Hopefully I will be well prepared to conduct business without these hassles. I have a very old Discover card with no chip. I will carry that too. My UNFC card will hopefully be approved by then.

Originally Posted by tmiw
I heard from someone who works in the industry that a lot of fast food places are holding off on EMV. Partly because they're waiting to see what happens with P2PE and partly because there's just no money to just move everything over without having the new stuff be proven first. So my guess that the 50% terminal number is way too high may just be proven out after all.

What kind of trouble were you having? I'm not sure if C&P will help you in China because I was under the impression that Visa/MC acceptance there was very low.