Old Jan 26, 15, 11:00 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I Found the IG Report

It's incredible about these scumbags. You go to their website and you can't find the IG page without searching for 10 minutes. You have to go all the way to the bottom to the "Site Links" column and you might be able to read the microscopic font.

Here's the report. The IG's cover letter is testimony to the lawlessness and downright arrogance of Pissy, Melvin, and everyone in that agency.

The procedural history of this report elicits an unfortunate commentary on the manner in which the Department handled this matter and bears review:

We provided a draft of this report on July 22, 2014 to the Chief Information Officer for review. Pursuant to Department of Homeland Security Directive 077-01, Follow-up, and Resolution for Office of Inspector General Report Recommendations, we asked for agency comments, including a sensitivity review, within 30 days of receipt of the draft. This would have made the report due on or about August 22, 2014. Almost a week later, on August 27, 2014, the DHS Chief of Staff requested an extension to provide a response and technical comments. I granted the extension until September 17, 2014.

On October 20, 2014, nearly 60 days after the original due date for agency comments, the Departmental GAO-OIG Liaison Office finally conveyed to us TSA's response to our request for a sensitivity review by marking several passages in the report as SSI. I disagree with this determination.

On November 19, 2014, I sent a formal challenge memo to TSA Administrator John Pistole expressing my disagreement. Administrator Pistole had authority over all TSA programs and operations, including oversight of the SSl programs, and is my counterpart in DHS' leadership.

Having received no reply, on December 16, 2014, I wrote to Administrator Pistole a second time, noting that this report had languished as a result of TSA's sensitivity review, and again requesting that he remove the SSI deletions from the report. As with the November 19, 2014 letter, I received no reply.

Finally, on, January 13, 2015, over five months after submitting the report for sensitivity review, and two months after writing to Administrator Pistole, I received a decision, not from the Acting TSA Administrator, but from the head of the SSI program office - the very same office that initially and improperly marked the information as SSI. Not surprisingly, the office affirmed its original redaction to the report.
You'll be lucky if you get past all of the letters that Pissy ignored and IG commentary that other parts of the DHS possessed the same information as the TSA but did not make it SSI.