FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 and forward App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:46 pm
michaelagray71

Looking for advice on CC combo's

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to collecting points/miles. I have collected some points up to now but not that many. I am hoping to get some advice on how to approach getting the most out of our current cards and which may be the best ones to pair for the added bonuses.

We generally travel to Europe and domestically, so we are looking at the southwest companion pass for domestic travel. Plus as many miles possible for either first class round trip or several coach tickets. The southwest pass is the easiest to figure out, however for the international flights it can get confusing with all the possible transfers and which give the highest value. We don't have many cards now so I am hoping to get it right the first time. Our current cards and mile are as follows.

Me
Chase Sapphire - 60000
Delta FF - 51100
United FF - 13798
Delta miles for upcoming trip 15000 ea. approx

Her
Chase Freedom - 3900
Delta FF - 11000
United FF - 13798

Current Offers me
amex delta gold - 35000
amex everyday - 25000
chase freedom - 10000

Her
amex delta gold - 35000
amex prg - 50000

For the the southwest pass one of us would apply for the 50k personal and business then transfer points from UR through Hilton(?) to complete the requirements.

This is were it gets confusing. My questions are should we pursue with the Delta miles or go with another airline and or transfer partners such as Alaska Air/British Airways or a Barclaycard and transfers.

My plan was for me to get the amex delta miles/points and the chase points while the wife gets the southwest cards for companion pass.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give the most accurate information possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.