FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Twitter Feed
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:34 am
noah

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sbm12
https://twitter.com/united/status/558438787878227971

And, interestingly enough, the issue was with the map provider but the UA folks didn't figure it out.

UA staffs the Twitter team mostly with reservations agents. They are, IME, much better than AA and on par with DL about handling rebookings and other reservations issues. They're pretty bad for chatting about cookies or getting answers to MileagePlus questions, but so are DL & AA IME.
I took their response to be slightly tongue in cheek. Yes, the problem was with the data provided which they could have acknowledged, but in reality the team responding to the volume of stuff they get doesn't have time to research each thing in any great detail. Part of what they need to do is respond to what's coming in to @united.

Sometimes I'll mention @united in some of my tweets that are not intended to solicit a response from them (i.e. I recently offered an expiring CPU to my twitter followers) and they'll respond anyway. Thats part of what the team are trained to do - respond to let you know that they are there and you can engage with them through that channel if you want.

I do sometimes look at the inbound and outbound stuff they send but I can only take so much. It makes me appreciate both my own (relatively smooth) travel experience on United and what the employees have to put up with from the masses.