FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:57 am
sscywong

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by AgencyGuy
If you look at a tier like Gold, it’s a very, very broad tier in terms of member revenue delivery, so you have a very broad group of members enjoying the same set of benefits, without any differentiation. That does not feel right to me.
Whether as a HKG based frequently flyer or as a very minor CX shareholder (I own 1 lot only ) I agree with this.

8 round trip TPE-xHKG-PVG I will reach GO... However this may generate even less revenue than a SL... If one is not rich enough to take I, just take one / two more trip in V will also do... Then maybe a HKG based GR flying once a quarter to PVG in Y generates more revenue than the GO...

Actually talking about lounge congestion TPE lounge is even more serious than HKG lounge in my opinion... However TPE based flyers (and many other outport based flyers) seems are much more price sensitive and much more dependent on the Club to retain their loyalty... Without them, how CX can keep the flight frequency with satisfactory loading to satisfy the frequency sensitive HKG based high roller is another side of the coin that need to consider...

About benefit. I think benefit can be refined further, like transit lounge access v. hometown lounge access v. boarding priority v. disembarking priority (i.e. seats that can be taken by different class of members / flyers, say only allow to pick B/D/E/J seat in advance seat reservation in front Y section) etc etc... This really needs a much more creative brain to design a better program...

p.s. Just track record told us CX never done things right the first hit...