FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Amend the TalkBoard guidelines for timelag
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:37 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
There was no pressure to vote in the 2 years I was on TB...I think those years were 2012-13. In the first year we had a member who threw a hissy fit when term limits passed and stopped participating with the exception of casting a vote at the absolute last minute. Sometimes. Felt like a union member working to contract and I believe led to the practice thst now exists -- announcing when a vote mathematically passes or fails prior to the close of the voting period.

I never believed in governing by opinion polls. Sometimes I wanted feedback from FT members and sometimes I didn't. Representative government (and I hesitate to use that phrase cause it makes TB sound more important than it actually is) works that way. I ran for TB and won a seat. For the two years I held the seat, I followed my conscience when voting. Doesn't mean feedback wasn't important to me in various votes, but that decision to take that feedback was mine alone to make and telling me I have to sit on my vote for even 48 hours is silly to me. It should be up to each TalkBoard member to decide for each vote. Not that I have any say in the matter.