FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:30 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Hi all, the search feature has failed me on my question, so I believe that this is the appropriate thread to post my question.

After a decade + of ongoing mid to high level elite status, come next week I'm going to be falling down to the ranks of gate lice. I've started to research some of the benefits, long ignored, offered by my UA credit cards.

One such benefit that I can't actually find documentation on is access to the 'XN' elite coach reward fare bucket. Apparently, according to a couple blogs I've read, the Explorer card offers non-elites access to this coveted expanded saver option. However, I cannot find anywhere if the legacy Presidential Plus card (or the current UA Club card) offers this perk as well. Does anyone have experience with this? I would think that if the Explorer card offers this kind of perk, then the higher-tier Club card(s) would, too - but then again, I've been surprised by UA & Chase in the past.

I'll certainly miss the 'IN' reward fare bucket. Maybe someday soon it will be back in my life. I do like one other perk that I just found out about from reading through this thread - the waiving of the close-in booking fee! I'm glad that I read about recent experiences, since it looks like the SOP now is being forced to call for a refund of the bogus fee vs. the previously proper coding of not charging it at all.

Thanks,
-CLG