FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:59 am
MileageGoblin

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
It is totally possible to liquidate 10k in an hour. Just because you cannot doesn't mean it is not possible.
What's with the reading comprehension people? I didn't say i takes over an hour and my posts clearly back that up. If you read earlier, you would see I said it can take up to 2 minutes a money order, therefore should take less than 20 minutes for $10k. If you're going to flame, get you facts straight first.

Originally Posted by horseymen
I was referring to 90 minutes a day. $81 (someone else's calculation) an hour is more than I make in my day job....
Oh wow, I assumed you wouldn't be doing this if it took you 90 minutes a day. Usually people on here leave off the drive time and gas expenditure in their calculations. If the CSRs knew you by name, I could see it taking only 3 minutes a pop, thus the 90 minutes in a month at only Simon. The CSR told me the reason you were doing it. I have to say congrats to you on meeting your goal. ^ Might as well continue hitting hard as the rest is gravy.

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Its not that $81 an hour (my calculation) isnt a good earning. It certainly is. But, given that there is a limit to a lot of things in MS, it makes more sense to go after the bigger opportunities first. 10K every day on a 2% card presents a lot of problems....
I agree as that's what I've been saying. The net is only 1.1% after Simon fees and that doesn't take into account gas and time which lowers that $81/hour. If this person wishes to keep doing this, they should consider bringing one of the other card members with them to get $20k/pop and/or traveling to multiple Simon's in one day. That would substantially increase efficiency. As for the problems, I guess Citi hasn't had an issue with this yet as the user is spreading it over 3+ cards which is good. I guess a lot also depends on the CLs which we don't know.