FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Saigon Centre
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:21 am
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Saigon Centre

There's a separate thread on upgrades in Vietnam where I had previously shared some pictures of this hotel, but now that I have over 2 nights managed to try two more type of rooms, I thought I'd consolidate and post a new thread specifically for the Pullman Saigon Centre.

I have to say that this must be one of my favorite Accor properties.

The location of the hotel is quite central, approx a kilometer down the road from Ben Thanh Market. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to several sights in HCMC.
It has 30 floors + rooftop, all rooms double glazed (so keeps out the noise quite well). The lobby is somewhat crammed and always busy.
The Exec Lounge and a Restaurant are on the 30th floor. Lounge is not huge, but adequate. It has a meeting room that seats 8 and complimentary for 1 hr per stay per room (and if you go beyond and they aren't booked, they let you stay on).
Lounge staff are very friendly, they have obviously been told to socialize and talk to you - which is nice if you are that sort who likes to chat; but sometimes you just want to be left alone and they dont really get the hint. But its ok

I travel on business and dont see the need for a large room - so I tend to book lowest room type which is here the Superior Room. With Plat they have always double upgraded me to a Executive Room.

So on my recent trip, I decided to book the Executive Room to then have an upgrade to the Executive Suite - which is the same as what enzo0511 had posted pictures to in the "upgrades in Vietnam" thread.
Check in in the lounge didnt go too well at first as I was told "all full". So with the Accor app I checked and it did mention that I could book the Exec Suite. I was told that the suites are on the 29th floor and that floor would be blocked out the following day for maintenance.
However they did finally come through and offered to upgrade me to the Exec Suite for the first night and the Pullman Signature Suite for the second night "so you can try all our rooms".

So here are the pictures to the two suites.

Executive Suite:

And for the second night the Pullman Signature Suite which is normally reserved for Honeymoon couples... I took in all in by myself.

And finally, the location for your Welcome Drink. I've stayed in this hotel more than half a dozen times and wasnt aware that they had a rooftop - well, they only opened it last October, a year after the hotel opened.

So for those who are planning a trip to HCMC, I can really recommend this hotel!

Last edited by gilbertaue; Jan 22, 2015 at 5:46 am