FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:15 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by gooselee
Good to know, but temper it with my experience. I got to IRRRES three separate times and had a similar story where they were able to find/construct itineraries that the frontline agents could not. However, they could/would not adjust pricing from whatever the system spat out at them. One agent sounded like he was genuinely frustrated and trying to make it work, but just could not.

So, it may be that IRRRES can be useful in piecing together itins that don't show in a standard O/D search, but once found, they may not be able to override erroneous pricing.
I may be wrong, but from what I've read here and from what I've been told (post-Jan 1), there are at least two, if not three or more, parallel res systems w/in DL. In the older system(s) (DeltaMatic?) manual pricing can be still done (and/or it automatically still prices how it used to until not long ago), but, it would appear, perhaps not so in the new Polaris "now dumber than ever (TM)" res system, where it's what the computer says or no way.

So, it may help to have the res agent from the start put the PNR together in the older system, as it seems they still have to with other airline flights that do not show up online/in Polaris. (If so, then hope that no more other airlines are added to online search/Polaris, as along with that may come the horrendous married segment PLUS additive pricing of Polaris.)

Just a guess..