FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:33 pm
eknock007

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Can you list the timeline you endured? (I.e. how many days between you alerting Hilton and having a new HH Account with all points restored).

Was your HH account suspended for an intermim period or did they give you a new one immediately? When they gave you a new HH account, how quickly did the then-remaining point balance in your old account get transfered and thus be usable?

Did they just transfer all of your personal data and preferences to the new account or did you have to go in and enter some of it (like CC info or preferences)?
Here is the timeline:

1/18 1:30pm: Email from Hilton indicating I had changed my address. Immediately called Hilton CS to report the incident.

1/18 4:36pm: Email from Hilton with the order confirmation. Called Hilton CS around 6pm to report that 225.0000 points had been stolen and I was given a case number.

1/18 6:17pm. I forwarded the order confirmation email to Hilton Loss Prevention. Got a email acknowledgement right away from Hilton.

1/19 10:50am: received two emails from Hilton Loss Prevention. One indicating I had a new PIN and the other indicating that the order had been canceled and that my points had been restored. Also that a new account number had been created and the old one closed.

The new account seems to have all of my info from my previous account with the exception of stored credit cards. Those I have to add. The whole transfer of info and points happen rather quickly. I had gone into my old account early on the 19th to see if there was any change and everything was still the same. As soon as I got the email from Loss Prevention that I had a new account, I logged into the new account and saw that the original points total had been restored along with most of my personal info. I have not check everything but what matter the most was the points. I tried to log-in to my old account but the log-in was no longer valid.