FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to BA ONBusiness
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:19 am
Aztec_Flyer

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ukgooner
I think your being a bit dogmatic to continue to maintain the scheme is poor because of that one anomaly. I used to use them to upgrade Wt+, way after it was possible with Avios. It was massively cheaper than paying J.

It might not work for you if you only need upgrades to F from ex Dublin. Can't you save them up for a full redemption? Or wait till it becomes better value. You might find phoning the OB team and seeing there are other options too. Might just be an Internet booking flaw.

My main criticism of the scheme is that the points only last 3 years. That's pretty much it.
Each to their own I guess.

The three year expiry wouldn't bother me at all really. That seems like a fair window of opportunity given that availability is better than BAEC.

I do think that if it cost Avios plus twice as much cash to process an upgrade for BAEC then I don't think those pointing out the anomaly would be considered "dogmatic". The scheme should provide some at least minimal saving in all scenarios and shouldn't be a 100% premium to use the advertised upgrade.