FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:40 pm
Flyiboy

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Just a heads up to everyone, my account was hacked.

I received an award reservation confirmation email for the Hilton in Rotterdam costing 80,000 points, of which I of course did not make a reservation for. The funnier part was the confirmation was not in my name.

When I called Hilton, they seemed to straighten everything out over the phone. I received another e-mail from guest assistance asking if there was anything else they can help with, but the e-mail was addressed to whomever made the false reservation. Hilton even confirmed that I had called in to make the reservation, but for someone else. The credit card to be held for incidentals was also not one of my own. I just found it interesting that they addressed the e-mail to the fictitious person rather than me even though it was my account number.

Luckily, the confirmation e-mail was sent to me, and I read it within minutes because the reservation was for the same night I received the e-mail.

Just a word of warning for everyone to keep an eye out on your accounts. I have to have a new HHonors account created with everything (points, gold status, etc) rolled over to the new account so hopefully it won't be a huge headache. So far though, Hilton has been pretty easy to work with in the matter.
I just checked my account and guess what.. Yup.. The same thing. 80,000 for a hotel in MCO. I live in Sweden. They had my name and account #. They change the email address to a yopmail . These emails are for 1 time only deal. They changed my address to a intersection. They used a different cc# ,thank God.
Called Hilton and they had to start a case file.. Let's see what happens. I lost GOLD as well... At least I'm a patient man