Old Jan 17, 15, 4:40 pm
djsteve

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Silver, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Europe - South Pacific - permitted connections

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

From the "AA and Partner Airline Award" thread in the pre-merger AA forum:

"Europe to/from South Pacific:

will allow for connections in Singapore or Bangkok only. Stopovers in these cities for this award are not allowed.

**this rule may actually be this now:

Award travel between Europe and the South Pacific will allow for connections in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Narita, Osaka or Singapore only. Stopovers in these cities for this award are not allowed."
Folks,
I was wondering in my current naive state, what direct / connections constitute in Europe to South Pacific awards?
For example, J class awards for 3 people (as I am looking to book) are not easily found on direct routings such as SYD-SIN-LHR (BA). So I have been searching for separate awards like, SYD-NRT and NRT-LHR. A small complication is we are actually looking for WLG-SYD-NRT-LHR.
If I find availability on this route (for example), but with QF then JL or BA with a connection of less than 24hours (or is that 6hours??), would the route be valid?
I would refine my searching through the gateways noted above (BKK, HKG, NRT, SIN etc).
Just not completely sure that this is construed as a "direct connection" when using two carriers and is less orthodox than traditional connections with a single flight number or carrier?
Want to phone up armed with the correct information and known availability so confirmation of what people believe as the rules and routings permitted would be greatly appreciated...I can of course report back!
cheers
dj