FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Unaccompanied Minor / UNMR Policy and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:44 am
bigger thumbs

All -

Thank you for the information. I will strongly reconsider based on the consensus thus far. I didn't know if I was going to get lit up for my suggestion (like I have) or if I was going to get a bunch of "we do it all the time with out kids, never had a problem". I don't know the acronyms SHTF or IRROPS are but I will look them up.

Please understand I'm not coming to the group in arrogance or stubbornness. I'm coming out of ignorance and simply don't know how this works. I see/hear of kids traveling unaccompanied often and I can't imagine parents easily tacking on an extra $300 for older kids that know how to sit in an airline seat, not cause a disruption, nor need additional attention (my kids have been on a dozen plus trips). I was purely curious on those that know more about the specific matter than I do. As you can fairly assume, I haven't been down this road before so I am not even unaware of how to get identified individuals a pass to get through security without a ticket which apparently is part of where $300 goes.

I'd paint it as an ROI question (I have no idea what I get for $300/kid) if I could get a realistic answer but it would be kind of difficult as we're talking about kids. I mean, who wouldn't spend money to increase the odds of their kids' welfare, right?

Again, thank you for the information, I'll start pursuing the options you all suggest.