FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:30 pm
akcae

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is just what I've been seeing. If DL flies on a route direct, that the newly downgraded dumbed down reservations system will no longer display, in any type of search, alternate available (and lower price) routing over other SkyTeam or partner airlines, such as VA via LHR in your case here. It remains to be seen is award routing now severely restricted, with a heavy bias for DL "most direct routing" flights, or is it just that the online award search was made even more useless than before and that other valid SkyTeam+partner routings, which price out as less, are still available by phone.
Last summer, I had no problem pricing out CAE-ATL-BRU-FCO- BEG (with a sub-24hr layover in FCO overnight) at low level. Most routes to BRU on DL or even *A seem to have J wide open for 3+ pax. This year, any direct one-way search ONLY gives CAE-ATL-DTW-FCO-BEG (with an impossible 55min layover in FCO!) at 105K pp.

Any multi-city attempts I've made (even replicating the same dumb routing the calendar gives me) blows up telling me that flights I'm looking for aren't operated that day!