FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Create Four Budget Airline Forums
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:40 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lin821
Do you think Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum should be merged into Other forum?

In case I wasn't clear, I wasn't suggesting folding Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum. I was merely pointing out region- specific/based airline fora on FT, currently 3. (Linky to the most recent discussion thread)

IIRC, budget airline fora aren't set up using the same "logic" as the region- specific/based ones, even though sustainable traffic is/was the base factor for any standalone forum. Not sure if TB is considering to restructure and/or regroup both regional and budget airline fora altogether.
I don't know. What do people think?

There could be some logic in grouping USA and Canada Other Airlines (probably including budget) with Hawaiian and Caribbean etc. (including the Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba) airlines and then having a separate Latin American Other Airlines forum (full service and budget combined) as I don't see many airlines where USA/Canada versus Latin America isn't clear. I'm implicity drawing the line at the Rio Grande because my impression is that there are a number of airlines that serve not only Mexico but also Central and South America, for example Copa. This also avoids the ambiguity--I'm not a geographer--of whether Central America is part of North America or South America.

I'm just thinking aloud here, but I'm concerned that if someone wanted to find a Hawaiian airline, they might not be aware of the separate Hawaiian airline forum in addition to being unsure whether a given carrier is categorized as low cost or not. So currently there are three places to look.

I suspect that the India-Based Airlines forum should remain since this is a huge and growing market, including the new Tata-SQ airline that began service a few days ago.