FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Create Four Budget Airline Forums
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:58 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
Given that both sets are very low volume, it would appear sensible to roll each of the four Budget Airline forums into the related Other Airlines forums. E.g., the Other NA/SA Airlines forum has had only 64 new threads started in the past two months (and five of those were FT award nomination polls), while the Budget NA/SA Airlines forum saw only 40 new threads in that period. It seems unlikely that posts about one type of airline would overwhelm those discussing the other type.

Also, as has been already been mentioned, the distinctions between LCCs and "full-service" carriers are becoming less and less clear. Is there really any value to discussing them separately from the other "other airlines"?
I think I tend to agree with this, but I'd like to see the numbers for all of the fora that would be affected by such a change. We probably want our treatment of all of the airlines to be consistent. In fact, we already have a single regional forum for Russia, Ukraine, etc. (whatever it should be called) and for India-based airlines.