FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walked as Plat 100 by Westin St. Francis on $ 781 room rate
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:27 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, events like this are very frustrating and venting here is a good tactic. Many versions of my posts never get posted, but boy does it feel good!
Hehe, yes .

Do read up on the current walk policy for SPG and be aware before talking with the GM.
I did that in fact while I was standing at the front desk and the lady was fiddling with her calculator. (Although I more or less knew the rules, as I had looked them up last year, when I got walked by the Le Meridien Munich.) Thanks Flyertalk, and thanks Starwood Lurker. I did bring up in my message to the GM that no proper compensation was offered.

It's funny how they react differently when they find out you know the rules. Sounds like the FDC you first dealt with was making things up, hopefully from lack of training and not deliberate lies. Do bring this up with the GM too.

Please hold their feet to the fire (just the feet, not the entire body)! They could have done much better and need incentive to do so. I hope they pick a nice room for you on your return.
Haha, we will see what happens. I'll make sure to report back. One additional inconvenience is that we were supposed to have a breakfast meeting there at 7 a.m.. They had flyers on the front desk saying that only conference attendees and people with a room key will be let into the hotel. Obviously we will not have a room key (and we are not at the actual conference, either). So I had to somehow redirect the party we are meeting to the Palace hotel between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., while they are most likely asleep most of the time. Sent mails and text messages, as it wasn't really a time for calling. Haven't received confirmation from them yet that they will indeed come to the Palace hotel. Things like this throw a wrench into any planning.