FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:16 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by swag
A week ago, I had Autoslash find me a better rate (ALAMO) for a a pickup tonight. I clicked through the link and booked it, a savings of about $30.

This morning, I went to the Alamo website to do an online check-in, only to find that the reservation has been cancelled, with the message "We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location."

Luckily, I never cancelled my original, more expensive reservation.

But since AS thinks I have the lower cost reservation, it hasn't been searching in the interim for rates between my original price and the invalid new one.

What is especially disturbing is that neither Alamo nor Autoslash notified me in any way. If I had cancelled my original reservation as suggested, and hadn't tried the online check-in, I might have found myself standing on the rental lot late tonight with no reservation at all.

I've emailed AS via their website and am awaiting a reply.
Your reservation is alive and well my friend! Unfortunately the same can't be said for Alamo's website. It consistently fails to display valid reservations properly. IT is not the car rental industry's strong suit unfortunately.

A call to Alamo should confirm that your reservation will be waiting for you at the price promised. We always stand behind our rates 100% so you can rest assured.