FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:12 pm
djibouti

Originally Posted by jiangning
I made a standby for an earlier flight when checking in online for tomorrow's flight. What if my standby is cleared but I don't show up in the earlier flight, will my ticket be cancelled then? Will I still be able to take the original flight?

First time doing a standby, thanks in advance for any help!
By very careful here--what you probably did was a CONFIRMED flight change. I don't think you can get on the standby list when checking in online--this is usually only done at the airport.

With a CONFIRMED flight change, you are now on the earlier flight. If you don't show up, your ticket would be cancelled, although if you give them advanced warning you can either do another CONFIRMED flight change back to the later flight (if it has E inventory available), or just a standby (assuming you qualify as an elite, or some other criteria I can't remember). If you just don't show up without saying anything it becomes much more complicated.

If you are in fact just on the standby list and NOT confirmed on the earlier flight, then they won't move you if you aren't there. But, again, this isn't something you'd be able to do online unless they changed it... so be careful!