FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:12 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by snapper6768
I just do not see Hilton offering Lifetime membership to their highest level.
I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Both Marriott and Starwood have LT programs which do provide elite status to their "highest" levels. OK, Marriott does have Plat Premier, but it doesn't actually provide anything extra (except maybe stroking your ego a little.) And SPG does have some extra "Plat" benefits for those who reach specific night plateaus (50, 75, 100 nights.) But again, those aren't really a status above the existing elite levels.

So if two of Hilton's biggest competitors (with Marriott probably being the closest one they tend to match against) provide elite status to their highest levels, I'm not so sure Hilton wouldn't either. Also note that a couple of years ago, Marriott even lowered their requirements to reach each elite levels. So it is now even easier than it previously was to reach those levels, yet Marriott hasn't created a true "4th" level elite status.