FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:05 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by htb
Since this experiment has been going on for quite a while now, is there any indication that this transactional approach will be abandonned in favor of the old loyalty-first approach? If not, I'd really like to understand why LH believes the current system is better. As an economy-only flyer I favored LH over other airlines also in view of my better (i.e. realistic) chances of receiving an upgrade as a Senator. Now, with the certainty that I will never receive another upgrade since we usually book a a bit in advance, I couldn't care less whether I fly LH or another airline. LH seems to understand this as well, otherwise the revised OP-up priority list would have been widely advertised as an "enhancement". Instead it was secretly introduced and almost denied whenever disgruntled asked about it.

HTB.

Originally Posted by mamb0
Dear LH Team,

my boss has a very specific question in this context. Since most of our corporate travel books into the company tariff in Z per the framework agreement between Lufthansa and our corporation, he was wondering whether this technically means if he makes use of the company tariff he automatically is excluded from any potential upgrade.

Happy Holidays,
mamb0

Hello MambO, hello HTB,
with the implementation of the new Check-In system, the "Loyalty First Approach" feature will apply again. However, selected less expensive booking classes – such as Business Z – will remain excluded from this.
Kind regards, Maria