FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:05 pm
djca

Called the AAdvantage desk today to change my return MNL-HKG flight so I can have an 18 hour layover in HKG before my CX 888 flight. This is for a reservation that I already had previously changed from J to F, and for which I had to go to the Manila AA GSA to complete the ticketing. While the agent was processing the exchange for the MNL-HKG flight, he said that it appears that he has to collect $36 in taxes from me. He then put me on hold to clarify this charge, and then came back to tell me that he can do the exchange without me paying anything. He didn't mention anything about any issues since it's a MNL origin flight or that I should contact the Manila AA GSA.

$36 would be roughly equivalent to PHP1620 which is the regular Philippine travel tax. I didn't have to pay this at the Manila AA GSA when I did the original reticketing because I have an exemption.

Anyway, after the call, the status of the reservation changed to ON REQUEST. About 4 hours later, it has changed to TICKETED. But I guess I should still call AA and/or the Manila AA GSA just to make sure that everything is in the clear.