FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Pointbreaks discussion
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:01 am
jmgriffin

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I have a 3-night PointBreaks stay reserved for later this month, but circumstances have changed and I plan to leave after the second night.

Should I cancel the third night now, or when I arrive at the hotel, or never? My concern is to not lose the PB rate for the two nights I will be there...and I hope to recover the 5000 points that would have been used for the third night.
I think that you'll find that experience has varied greatly in how people have handled this vs the outcome. I'll provide one data point, I had a PointBreaks stay recently in Boston for 3-nights, 15,000 points total. I wanted to cancel the final night so upon check-in I explain the situation to the front desk, they messed around with the booking for 10-15 mins and finally checked us in for just the 2 night stay. He ensured me that the 5,000 points from the final night would be redeposited back into my account. The actual outcome was that all 15,000 points went back into my account and we still stayed the first 2 nights.

I'm sure others will have horror stories about canceling specific nights with the property directly but it worked out well for me.

Jeffrey