FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2015 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:37 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by ccohen322
Hi all, thanks for taking the time. My question is in regards to changing a rewards booking, multiple times if need be. For instance, say I book an award ticket for this summer, June to July, JFK to HKG RT (AA/CX award using AA miles). Plans change, and I can no longer make it. As long as I maintain the same origin and destination, can I change the ticket for free (plus or minus any applicable taxes for routing) to another month, and then do that again to postpone it until 2016 when seats open up? Is this a convoluted way to protect me from a mileage devaluation if I am certain I want to take this trip? Thanks!
Currently, you can change such an award multiple times without incurring any fees from AA. But all travel on an award must be completed within one year of original ticketing date, regardless of the date of the first flight on the award ticket.