FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [January 2015] Amex Platinum 100,000 Sign-Up Bonus Is Back on creditcards.com
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:10 am
nikdro

Originally Posted by CK82
Ok, so I input my info plus my parents' info and didn't come back with the 100,000 point offer. But when I entered my little brother's info it did! I wonder if it's targeted towards younger folks with less credit history, cause he's only 23 and has very little credit history. I tried his info because in one of the earlier posts someone mentioned that it came up for their daughter who was very young. Anyways, I clicked apply, but it does only take you to a form with pre-filled information such as name and address, so I couldn't use my brother's link to apply for a card for me. Also, when I clicked "go to shorter application" and entered my amex login and password, the offered changed back to only 40,000 points. So I guess this is strictly targeted and I can't post the ink to the offer because it is prefilled with my brother's name and address...and I wouldn't want that publicized :P
There are ways around the prefilled information, but it errors out when you try to submit it after changing the info. Also, the link does not transfer, if you were to try and open it in another browser it would not work. So sharing the link is useless unfortunately. I don't think there is a way to get this deal without being targeted from what I can tell.