FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WARNING: MyPoints account(s?) disabled when "detrimental" to them because of "abuse"
Old Mar 25, 2003, 6:52 pm
ingy
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I called them today, they told me my account would be reactivated in 4 hours and since then I received this letter:

"We are writing in response to your phone call.Your account has been disabled because you participated in a type of purchase fraud."

I'll skip the next 3 long sentences which talk about terms of service agreement. They go on to say:

"Additionally,if one attempts to earn Shopping awards via the shopping area of the Mypoints site by buying gift certificates, they are not fulfilling the terms of our offersand are therefor violating our terms of service. Our shopiing guidelines state: NOTE:Points are not awarded on purchase of gift cards or gift certificates from mypoints shopping merchants."

They go on to say my account will not be reactivated but I can join again if I want as long as I follow the terms of service. So it appears I've lost 4000 points. I have responded with a terse letter indicating they induced me to purchase with an offer of points, charged my credit card which I believe forms a contract and I expect them to deliver my unused Mypoints to my Hilton Honors account. I will keep you advised.