FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:06 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by JMN57
Great benefit and great news. Thanks - I've been wondering when this would kick in. I had an IRROPS reroute onto US from AA Sunday (avoiding ORD by routing through CLT). I may have benefited without even knowing
Glad it may have helped.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just having a ticket exchanged using this new benefit and suffice to say it's not off to a great start. Had a very good agent though who immediately knew that it was in effect, I told her the new flights I would like to be booked on, should be a piece of cake. Not quite. Due to some programming issue for the waiver to processed the system was saying it needed to be the same routing (not true). After being on hold for 45 minutes was told everything was documented and to have my ticket exchanged at the counter before departure. I pressed and said I want it sorted out now. Kept me on hold for another 20 minutes and everything is set now. No change of dates, just routing over DFW instead of ORD.

In the future hopefully it will be an easier and more straightforward process.
Well sure doesn't sound like it has anywhere to go but "up" from your experience!

Originally Posted by ihdihd
My assistant was unaware of the change, and ended up reticketing my itinerary through our corporate travel agency instead of calling the airline and getting the free change. +800 instead of Free/$75.
That's an "ouch."