FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:28 pm
Hawk Circle

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
My flight late in December from IAD to DEN was delayed more than two hours by a mechanical problem. After it became obvious I'd miss my connection in DEN, the last flight out that day, the gate agent offered to rebook me on the first flights the next morning. Somehow, the new IAD-DEN was miscoded as an award flight and I received no mileage or PQM credit for it. I needed the miles to maintain status.

After four calls to MileagePlus services (and at least 20 minutes on hold each time), two email submissions of the original purchase receipt and boarding pass, and a two-week wait, a fifth call (and another 20 minute wait) apparently did the trick. The missing flight still doesn't show up in my account summary. But dollar, PQM and mileage figures show up as adjusted, and the agent assured me my status is now good through 2105.

I continue to wonder why it has to be so difficult to get an obvious and seemingly simple coding mistake corrected.