FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:16 am
krlcomm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by riastradh
Hi I'm needing help from you expertflyers experts out there. I just got a subscription and am learning how to read the data.

For example, I want to book a redeye from LAX to MIA next week. If we look at Wednesday 1/14.

AA258: seatmap shows 4 open seats (although it says A2). The first 3 rows (MCE) look pretty full.

AA115: seatmap shows 3 open seats (although it also says A2). MCE looks more empty. In particular the bulkhead is very empty, that is where the elites like to sit right?

My question is this: which one would you choose for a higher chance of upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

115 probably your better bet since it has more open MCE seats. Now showing A0... I fly this route all the time (although I NEVER take the redeye!) and it is a tough complimentary UG... it's a good route for me to use miles plus copay or an SWU on. If you choose to go that route keep on eye on the A fare bucket as seats will be become available in that bucket on occasion as you get closer to departure.