FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:30 am
kapkap46

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Sure, but mattress running for Hilton status is of questionable value when Hilton will give you Diamond if you can fog a mirror and fill out a credit card application... and there are even options for Gold overseas (which is the common complaint, that US Hilton status via credit card is easy, but overseas status is harder).

I also think that hotel status in Bangkok's overrated- it's a city where for $80 USD a night you can be in a perfectly fine 3.5-4 star furnished apartment, $100 should get you a very solid 4-5 star business hotel, and the food is plentiful and cheap (and upgrades to suites are often a very modest cash premium). Most Western chains are pricing based on the cachet of the chain's name, and the local options tend to give better value- if you're willing to go outside the box of "must stay in a Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt/Starwood and get the shiny card because I need my morning corn flakes in the Executive Lounge" you'll find great deals.

Must be nice to think that fogging a mirror and filling out an application gets you Diamond Status.

Unfortunately it is not true and I think charging $40,000 of my own money on 1 CC is quite an investment to get Diamond status.

But then again I am not using other peoplers money , so there would be no way for me to charge $40,000 on one CC in a year unless I decided I never wanted to earn any airline miles and only Hilton points.

I don't think so!!!!! I earn my Diamond Status the old fashioned way with stays or nights!!!