FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2015 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:53 am
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by dublin487
Good evening all.

I have an award on hold (JL/CX). When I log in to my account on AA.com, and select 'my trips', it does not appear. However, if I search for it using the record locator, it appears just fine. Oddly though, it doesn't give me the option to purchase the held reservation anywhere.

Is this a glitch? Or is it not possible to complete the purchase of a held partner reservation online?

Very annoying, as I've been on hold for 85 minutes already just trying to get someone on the line to help me complete the purchase of the held reservation...

Thanks for any advice!
It's common for partner flights to not stick in the "My Trips" section on AA.com, but as you discovered, they are there, and you can search them using the PNR.

AAdvantage awards on JL and CX cannot be booked online, so you must call to book. Calling to construct an itinerary and then putting it on hold doesn't change the fact that you still can't book these awards online. These are the partners whose awards can be booked online.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/partner...=partnerawards