FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-16 Award change date change route all changes
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:50 pm
ksucats

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"There is still plenty of availability, so I may just keep a close eye on it for awhile. Trip is Memorial week, so that may make it less likely for something to open up."

Have you checked cash fares on Southwest MCI-MCO (or MCI-TPA)?
Yes, and would be looking at just over $400. Not too bad, but really don't have the extra cash to pay for flights this trip. We are going to Italy in March and had this cruise booked with a discount. My choice was to postpone the cruise a year and lose the discount, but the kids told me they will do whatever possible to do the cruise this year, which includes sacrificing park days.

I budget so much for vacations each year, along with miles and points and we just need to figure out the best way to get to Orlando on miles or postpone it. Again, my preference is to postpone it, but told the wife and kids I would try to make it work. I guess if flights would happen to drop to around $200, I would reconsider.