FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:40 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by PushingTin
If it isn't in the CoC......

Seems odd that they wouldn't tout it as a benefit, especially for us 1Ks stuck on RJs all the time. It can mean making or missing a connection- or at least have to do a run at full sprint.

The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to over-promise/under-deliver, but they do that with so many other 'benefits' (CPUs), that I can't see them getting gun shy on this one.

Do they tout the "Priority' tags on checked luggage?? That never seems to work. Maybe it helps with which bags get tossed off for W/B issues, but they sure dont' workd for what bags come out first. Now, because I don't trust UA with bags, I only check 4-5 times a year.
my experience is that the priority checked bags have much better luck being treated as 'priority' on non-UA carriers. On all my LH and OS flights last year, anytime I checked a bag to europe it always seemed to come out within the first 10-15 bags. Returning to the US was a different story. Most times it was just in the middle of pack.